Sea Life Pot Sketches
Some of the world's most distinctive pottery is created in San Juan de Oriente, Nicaragua, a small village nestled among volcanos alongside a picturesque lagoon. This vase is carved, sgraffito style, using homemade tools typically fashioned from the spokes of a bicycle wheel. Once the carving is finished, the vases are baked in a wood-burning kiln and then polished to complete the creative process. The final product is a beautiful object, the result of many hours of loving labor at the hands of gifted artisans.
- Designed and handcrafted by Nicaraguan potters
- Etched and painted by hand; photos show different sides of the same vase
- Signed by the artist
- Highly collectible, artisan quality; not for use with water
- Individually handcrafted, so minor imperfections should be expected
- Dimensions: Circumference: 26.5'' Height: 9''
- Material: Ceramic