Haiku: Japanese Art & Poetry 2023 Calendar
The roots of Japanese haiku reach back over a thousand years. In this poetic form, as in life, there is a pause, a shift, in which the poet celebrates sensory awareness of the season, perhaps suggested by the scent of plum blossoms or the silence of snow-covered tree limbs. The timeless appeal of this understated poetry may be the human desire to capture one’s impressions of a fleeting moment. Such seasonal allusions emphasize the essence of haiku: nature and its ephemeral beauty. This calendar features 12 haiku paired with reproductions of exquisite Japanese woodcuts. Each poem is rendered in Japanese calligraphy, Romaji transliteration, and English translation.
- 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
- High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
- Exceptional color quality
- Grid pages are easy to write on
- Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
- Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
- Feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
- 12'' x 13'' x .125''
- Opens to: 12'' x 26''